Sign up for Panama travel stories, destination guides, first-hand accounts of living abroad, and island adventures.
Tented Suites at Isla Palenque
Immerse yourself in the heart of our island sanctuary – our spacious Tented Suites provide a luxury camping experience in the wild jungle.
The only walls surrounding your private outdoor living room are the lush leaves of heliconia, palm and the trunks of trees stretching over a hundred feet tall – relax in the large hammock to take in glimpses of the Pacific dotted with islands for miles in the distance, or gaze up into the forest canopy that envelops you in desert-island privacy.
Hardwood floors stretch into a fully-enclosed bedroom with canvas walls. Designed to take advantage of natural shade and ocean breezes, your Tented Suite comes equipped with high-impact fans to keep you cool as the waves lapping the beach below lull you to sleep in your plush queen-sized bed. A spacious modern bathroom complete with two outdoor showers perfects a tented escape explorers of yore could only dream about.
Stay in the Tented Suites (yes, it's a hike to get to them) but it's worth every step. The tents are perched above the sea. I loved the living space (outdoor hammock, desk, wi-fi and mini-bar)... It's a truly unique experience. [ stayed December 2014 ]
Our Tented Suites perch high on a bluff overlooking Playa Palenque, the island's largest beach. A dedicated member of our staff is stationed at the entrance to the suites to attend your every need twenty-four hours a day, and Las Rocas, our casual beach restaurant and lounge, is nestled into the bottom of the bluff below this intimate collection of luxury camping suites.
- A beautiful canvas fly roof shades the entire suite, allowing unobstructed views of the stunning natural surround without exposing you to the elements -- your living space is still fully enjoyable in the rain. Learn about Panama’s seasons.
- Tented Suites include an iPad for guest use and free wireless internet connection
- Tented Suites are not air-conditioned, but fans ensure ventilation and natural cooling, and a portable air conditioner is available upon request should you need it in the sleeping area
- Warm, but not hot, water is provided in the shower
- There is a composting toilet in your private bathroom; use it just like a regular toilet, but without the flushing; our staff handles all composting and removal of all odors
- There is a safe large enough to accommodate your laptop and other valuables located in the bedroom
- There are currently 4 Tented Suites on Isla Palenque; all are located on Punta Rocas, nearest to Las Rocas restaurant and the palm grove spa
- A guest services attendant is on duty at the entrance to the Tented Suites 24 hours a day
- Daily housekeeping
- Tented Suites are not suitable for children under 7 years of age.
- Tented Suites are not recommended for the physically infirm or those without a refined sense of adventure
Ridge Tented Suites: Located along the sides of the bluff, our standard rooms provide glimpses and views of the Pacific Ocean and Playa Palenque.
Promontory Tented Suites: Located along the point of the bluff, our superior Tented Suites have sweeping views of Playa Palenque and the Gulf of Chiriqui -- front row seats for the sunset.
Room Type Green Season
(24 Apr - 20 Dec)
(5 Jan - 23 Apr)
(21 Dec - 4 Jan)
Ridge Tented Suite 179 239 349 Promontory Tented Suite 229 299 449
*All prices shown in USD
The chart above reflects la carte pricing; for inclusive vacation pricing, we recommend our vacation packages.
Rate includes breakfast.
10% Panama room tax not included, 10% service fee not included.
Rate does not include transfer* to and from the island.
*The Ocean Suite is the only room that can accommodate three people by adding an extra bed, add $40 to the rate shown.
Transport Rates:> $15 boat transport from Boca Chica to Isla Palenque (per person, each way), based on our standard ferry schedule (7am, 11am, 4pm, and 8pm in Boca Chica)
Note: For custom times, a charge of $90 per boat applies, each way
> $30 ground transport from David airport to Boca Chica (per person, each way)
> $85 roundtrip boat + ground transport from David airport to Isla Palenque if on a Copa flight (per person); $100 if on an Air Panama flight.
* All of our packages include transport from Boca Chica to Isla Palenque.