Wow, 2010 has flown by here at Isla Palenque. It has been a jam packed and accomplished year. With future homeowners lining up, we cannot work fast enough to make our stunning island paradise come to life so that we can better share it with the world.
To think that both our Panama City and Chicago corporate offices were just empty rooms at this time last year – so much has been accomplished in these places since then. And by next year, we’ll be writing this from our sales office on the island – now that’s exciting to think about!
Looking back has been really fun, here are some of the highlights of 2010 for Isla Palenque:
- We moved into our gorgeous Panama City and Chicago corporate offices
- Our 56 page Isla Palenque book, master plan, and floor plans were completed, printed and distributed to anxious home seekers
- The in-house design, marketing and construction teams all tripled and we added a Director of Finance
- The New York Times featured Isla Palenque in the Great Homes and Destinations Feature, Breaking Ground
- Isla Palenque Directors met with prospective homeowners in Atlanta, Houston and Dallas
- Our master plan won an Honor Award from the American Society of Landscape Architects and the Colorado chapter of the ASLA awarded us the President’s Award in Planning and the Land Stewardship Award
- The design team gathered on the island for a design charrette and ceremonial ground breaking
- We launched a new and improved IslaPalenque.com
- We met the first homeowners and first half of our Founders Club
- Led by President Ben Loomis, our team plotted out Phase One homes, hotel units and the canopy platform
- And we ended the year by officially launching sales to the public
2011 is slated to be one of the most exciting years in Isla Palenque history, with our first building going up: the Villa Inn. Stay tuned, we hope to see you on the island this year.
Happy New Year from all of us at Isla Palenque.
From top L: creating the canopy platform, new Chicago corporate office, award winning master plan, spotting Thurston Howler III, plotting out hotel units, printed floor plans, an iguana joins us at base camp, Ben visits Ngobe Bugle, crew Christmas party, first site expedition, design charrette, newly launched website