In less than 2 weeks’ time, we’ll be welcoming you into an inviting space, prepared especially for you…
…with a stunning view of the beach and glittering Gulf…
…fragranced by heliconias, orchids, and bromeliads, and with new adventures beckoning from all sides…
Those of you who know our Panama resort doesn’t open until Valentines’ Day might be scratching your heads right now. “2 weeks”?!
Our apologies for any confusion – we’re actually talking about the Travel & Adventure Expo that is to take place in Chicago on the weekend of January 26th – 27th. If you live near Chicago or will be passing through later this month, we would love to meet and share the occasion with you!
The Lowdown on the Travel Expo
- WHO: exhibitors representing adventurous travel options from around the world
- WHAT: 2 days of fabulous giveaways, cultural activities, live cooking demonstrations, appearances by travel experts, authors, and photographers, and unlimited inspiration to help you hone in on your next great adventure
- WHERE: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois
- WHEN: Saturday January 26th, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. & Sunday January 27th, 2013, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- HOW: tickets are $9 online, $15 at the door, and free if you contact us to request a ticket! Driving directions are available on the expo website.
Why to Go
If you’re anything like us, you prefer to ditch the crowds and head for uninhabited island paradise… so a buzzing travel expo seems an unlikely place to spend the weekend. But by attending this event, you’ll enjoy chances to win the the desert island escape you seek! Stop by our booth to enter our island giveaway, a 4-night package that includes airport transport, 4 island tours, 1 ocean or mainland tour and all meals – valued at $2,500!
Stop by The Resort at Isla Palenque’s booth (#1622) to enter the drawing, and stick around to chat with Emily, Client Representative / island explorer, and Rachel, editor for The Ambler.
For anyone who is curious about the isthmus and our private island off its Pacific coast, we’ll be unrolling a big, beautiful map of Panama and inviting you to mark it with your questions! Want to learn where to taste the best coffee in Panama, tips for spotting the elusive resplendent quetzal, and get to know a little about Panama’s three main indigenous tribes? If we can’t answer your question in-person at the expo, you can be sure we’ll consult our friends in Panama (and maybe a history book or two) to satisfy your curiosity on our blog. After the event, check in on The Ambler for a post featuring the best Q&A taken right off the map!
Guests of the Isla Palenque booth will also have a chance to sneak a peek at our island in an exclusive, never-before-seen video short produced by our 2012 Island Intern, filmed entirely on Isla Palenque.
Our little corner of the expo will probably feel like a breath of fresh island air and a temptation to linger… but don’t miss the other highlights of the show:
- Mexican folkloric dancers will grace the Global Beats stage, and family travel expert Colleen Kelly will provide insight into creating itineraries to please your whole clan, from the kids to the gramps!
- One of our favorite chefs, Dudley Nieto of the excellent new Chicago restaurant Mezcalina, will share a few secrets from his authentic Mexican kitchen.
- And all weekend long, actor Mark DeCarlo of Windy City Live and host of the new show EconomicalEco will be adding his humor and adventurous spirit to the mix with tips for wallet- and planet-friendly travel.
Before you wander off to enjoy these and other attractions at the expo, enjoy a photo-op in front of our beautiful beach backdrop to commemorate a day of dreaming your way out of the Midwestern winter and into a tropical paradise.
We can’t wait to meet you and hear about your most meaningful travels — and we’re even more excited for you to discover our unique island!
We’ll see you at the expo!
Contact us if you have questions or would like a ticket to the Travel & Adventure Expo.